Tuesday, June 15, 2010

For all the teachers out there!

Oh yes....another year has gone... and my big baby is getting even bigger! And so, to celebrate the end of my son's first year at school and to thank the teacher for all her hard work, I decided to create this card for her from my son:



I have recently purchased some DCWV paper (Citrus) and I was dying to use it, so this was a great opportunity! I like the fact that the colours are fairly neutral, yet they give you a great sense of joy and summer time! I have also distressed all the papers, the image and the sentiment and I am really pleased with the overall result.

And with this card I would like to enter the following challenges:
Thank you for watching!

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure his teacher is going to love this card! I love background paper and ribbon you used! It's so cheery!

    Thanks for getting digi with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Great layout and fun card for a teacher!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely teacher card! The turtle is so great! Thanks for gettin' digi with Just Us GIrls this week! Come back and join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a previous teacher all I can say is I would love it. super cute image and nicely colored. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls as we "get digital" this week. We appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alice,
    Such a cute card and an adorable image.
    Beautiful colors.
    Have a great day.
    Luv,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alice - did you check the jugs post? You were the winner of the FREE digital stamp set and digi paper pack from Lauren. Please send me your contact information so we can get the proper codes out to you. Thanks for playing along and congratulations!

    stampinpam at me dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam,sorry I just saw the post..;-) Thanks a mill!!! :-))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a super sweet card, nice and bright. Thankyou for sharing it with us at Scrapbooking Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete