Thursday, June 17, 2010

Another baby boy!

It must be in the air, but lately all my friends are having baby boys...! :-) And even the friends of friends!!! Hence the reason why I have been busy making baby boy's cards...;-)

As I said in my previous post, I have recently purchased some DCWV paper (Citrus) and, despite the fact that it is not specific for babies, it has some really nice papers in it with soft colours! So, the DCWV papers are the 2 top layers (the one underneath the image and the one with the ribbon around it). But recently I have also bought some October Afternoon (Ducks in a row) paper as I have seen so many lovely creations being made with it...! And the OA paper is the one underneath all the rest....;-P Isn't it just fab!!! And, may I add, just so delicate for a little baby's card....

The ribbons come from my local sewing shop and the little buttons on the bottom right are from Craty Buttons.


But let's get to the bit I like the most.... The handmade paper flowers on the left hand side!!! I have been looking at a few tutorials on YouTube about making flowers yourself with punches and I then came across this Stampin' Up! punch, which has complimentary stamps....WOW!!! You can stamp the flowers and then punch them out!!! I know you could simply cut them out by hand, but it would take a long time and I am not very good at cutting by hand...:-( So, when I had the opportunity to buy the punch and the stamps together, I grabbed it as fast as I could!!! lol!!! And these are the very first flowers I created with them....I guess, not too bad as a first attempt!! ;-)


And with this card I would like to enter the following challenges:
Thank you for looking!
Alice

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Love those punched flowers - where did you buy that set? And the bubbly bow is gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Alice, I love that image, so so sweet. Look sperfect with the punched flowers too.

    Thanks so much for playing along at Cupcake this week
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Fab entry, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your replies girls!
    @Annika: i searched and searched for that punch and stamps set at last I found it on ebay...pure luck i would say!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see your lovely work at Rosie-D's Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and cute buttons!
    Thanks for sharing this with us
    at Rosie D's, good luck;-))Mervi

    ReplyDelete