Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Twin girls!!!

A few days ago I received a fantastic news: a friend of mine had her first 'babies', twin girls!!! I am so happy for her, as I am always happy when people have babies....;-) They are just so adorable!
Anyway, fact being that I HAD to make a card for her little girls and this is what I created:




For this card I embossed some lovely baby pink paper I had in my stash for a llloooonnngg time with my Swiss Dots embossing folder (which I adore!) and then added some glitter paper by Nana's Kids DCWV, which, I have also never used before and had in my press for a long time... The combination of the 2 papers is actually really cute, so I honestly do not know why I have never used the papers before...! ;-)

I then decorated the card with some lovely flowers (obviously 2 flowers for the twin girls!) and really adorable little hand and foot buttons I got some time ago at a craft fair.




I found this image at Mo's Digital and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and I thought it would have been perfect for this occasion, even though it does not represent 2 little baby girls, if you know what I mean! I add some little sparkle in the tutu, in the stars and in the hair accessories just to give it a little extra glam effect!

The layout was taken from Mo's Dream Team blog and I really think that it worked out very well for this card!
Furthermore, because of such a special occasion, I also decided to decorate the inside of the card:




Despite the fact that the pics are possibly not the best i could have taken, I am really really happy with the outcome of this card!! :-)

And with this card I would like to enter the following challenges:
  • Carfty Card Makers: inside out

  • Cute card Thursday: Someone special

  • A spoon full of sugar: cute and girly

  • Sentimental Sundays: New beginnings

  • Mo's Digital: Flowers

  • Stamp Challenges: celebrate something

  • Totally Gorjuss: round and round

  • Creative Inspirations: punches or die cuts

  • ABC Challenge: unused stash



Thanks for looking!

Alice


10 comments:

  1. Glad you got to use the sentiment I sent you :) Thanks for entering this into Sentimental Sundays.

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, it's adorable! Don't you just love Mo's art!!! And the layout is wonderful. I'm sooo charmed my those cute buttons!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Alice.. just perfect for the new twins. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is precious! I love what you did with the image! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh love this great image too love the colurs on this many thanks for playing along with my challenge at creative inspirations this week hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sentiment you used! Your card is adorable! Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays challenge. We hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a smashing verse for this card and I'm sure many parents can agree with it.

    Thank you for joining us on our latest challenge at Craft Cardmakers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love those papers too! Perfect image for the occasion! Very fun card! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely. What a cute image. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet image and lovely card. Good luck at creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete